I was raised in a small town and even though I now live in the “metro” area of New Orleans, The city is actually about 60 miles away.
I still live in a rural area and my local post office is in an unincorporated community. And, yes, we have a cow crossing just a couple miles from my house. Needless to say, I like living in the country!
The website, Good Clean Funnies List (GCFL) offers this today:
- The city limits sign is printed on both sides of the same post.
- You plug in your electric razor in a motel and the street lights dim.
- The town square is actually a phone booth.
- The sheriff, the deputy, and the street cop are all the same person and can be seen on Wednesdays only.
- The Walmart, the local grocery, and UPS all have the same telephone number.
- The local doctor, the veterinarian (same person) still makes house calls.
Received from Steven Wells.
I hope you enjoy your day. And, I hope that you get to hear the birds sing in the daytime and the crickets sing at night!