In reading the first part of Jeremiah 23, I came recognized some very significant issues concerning the ministry.
Jeremiah 23:1-4 (NIV):
- “Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares the LORD.
- Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: “Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done,” declares the LORD.
- “I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number.
- I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the LORD.
- What is the primary job of a shepherd?
- Does a true shepherd coose the job?
- Who gathers up the lost sheep?
- Who is responsible for the sheep being driven away?
- What is needed for the sheep to be complete?
Post your comments on the Chief Shepherd Facebook page